Friday, November 8, 2013

Ender's Game

My husband and I went to go see Ender's Game today. It was a very entertaining and well produced film. One of the best films I've seen in a long while, that wasn't 50 years old. 

I read the novel a few months ago with my friends who are part of a book club we formed over a year ago. When I read the story I was so sad for Ender. They used him to achieve the desired end result yet failed to consider the emotional turmoil and sorrow caused by destroying souls. I haven't read the remaining two books in the trilogy but I'm proud of Ender for pointing out the obvious, "It's not winning the game that counts but how you do it". 

No real strong language or sexual references. There is a lot of blowing things up and some bullying. How Ender dealt with the bullying can be understandable but I would strongly caution anyone who is impressionable that while self defense is fine going farther than that is not. 

It's a shame the following books won't be produced into film as well. I don't see that happening with certaing strongly influential groups black balling the author. Sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment